Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Cunning Plan

It's been a time of slow reflection since the last post !

I've been into our local B&Q diy store because they have a 'hobbying' section. They sell metre long strips of steel, ally and brass tube, round and flats. Useful stuff. I will need some of this stuff for my cartridge to sit and pivot on. It's probably not the cheapest way of buying it, eg, a metre (yard) long round of 6mm (1/4") in mild steel, £2.00 (US$4.50), but is convenient.

I've not bought any yet, just thought I'd look. The very next thing I need to buy is a second hand record player, or to be more precise a music centre. That way I will get a turntable motor, amp, cartridge and electronics, the last piece of that list being the scary bit where I will some help!

There is a charity shop in Dover where I will look on Saturday.

No comments: